Meet me in St. Louis and hit me with your best questions

October 2, 2012 |

skeezix at the st louis arch

Wanna know what the secret ingredients are in Fancy Feast? How about the name of the Fancy Feast Cat? How did Purina get it’s name? Who does Purina like best: dogs or cats?

This week. Mousebreath is headed to St Louis for a “Meet Purina” summit, and we want YOU, our readers to ask questions about Friskies, Fancy Feast, Purina One, Purina Cat Chow, Be Happy, Kit n Kaboodle, Whisker Lickins … and any other Purina product you can think of. Mousebreath will ask those questions on your behalf when we meet the Big Dogs of Purina at Checkerboard Square this week. We’ll also be going to Purina Farms and their manufacturing plant for an inside look at what goes into the foods our cats love so well.

And those who ask the best questions just might get some super great purrizes!!! (I think I smell a tickle pickle!)

So, ask away. What do you want to know? Leave it in a comment below, thx!

Tags: ,

Category: 0 - Featured, Cat Food, Lifestyle

About the Author ()

Karen Nichols is a Pet Industry Influencer, Publisher and Multimedia Designer in the San Francisco Bay Area. She has over 15 years of experience in the Internet Industry as a User Experience Analyst and Interaction Design Consultant. She's blogged professionally for nine years, and is a respected expert in social media, web analytics, online branding and Wordpress design and development. She's a popular speaker at pet industry conferences. In 2013, she won the BlogPaws social media awards for Best Cat Blog and Best video. In 2012, Karen won the Best Blog Design award for SkeezixTheCat.com. She was one of seven finalists in the national Purina Cat Chow Correspondent search in 2010. She has been a spokesperson for Friskies and judge of the 2012 "The Friskies" video contest, and a juror for the Internet Cat Video Festival. Karen is a member of the Cat Writer's Association, Women in the Pet Industry, the IAABC, The Interactive Design Association and the North Bay Multimedia Association.

Comments (7)

Trackback URL | Comments RSS Feed

1. Buddy says:

Hi Skeez,

Wow! Are you lucky to get to do this! Here’s my questions…

How come there’s no mouse-flavored stinky goodness?

How does a regular cat like me (Buddy) get into commercials?

Why don’t they put a prize in the box of crunchy foods like they do for bean kids?

2. Bocce Tabby says:

I agree on the mouse-flavored noms!
    My question is how do they come up with the shapes of the crunchy food?
    Also, can they get some tuna flavored marshmallows in there, like Lucky Charms?

3. Sparkle says:

I want to know if my human is behaving herself… because she is there too!

4. mao says:

Sparkle, I think that answer is …. no!

5. Why don’t they put kittie foods, the kibble kind, in sacks that could be closed to help keep the air out. Treats come that way, why not the bigger bags of food?

Have fun in St Louis, mum used to visit there all the time when her brother lived there. Hope you get to see lots of fun places.

6. Lilly Cat says:

I’m purrfectly serious about these questions:
    Why does Purina put artificial
    coloring in ANY of its food. I want my food to taste as natural as possible. Stop trying to please humans (they are having sugary colored cereal for breakfast anyway, not my friskies) and take the food coloring out of my food. Any while I’m ont the subject, stop making kitty litter with stinky perfumes. They make my eyes water and make me sneeze. Just train the humans to change the litter more often.

7. Shadow Dance Ranch Kittehs says:

Well we gots a question for Purina! Our momma buys us Friskies can cat food (about 25 cases a month) and everytime there are entire cases of it we won’t eat :( It is not because we don’t like that particular flavor. It could be our favorite, but one case we will like and the next (same flavor) we do NOT like!! Why is the flavor of the food so inconsistent? She is starting to pull her hair out! It makes us sad to see our momma so sad. We waste alot of food, because we just *cover it up* and turn our noses up to it. Please help us figure this out.
    PS. Dood, you look pawsome by the St Louis Arch!You are so lucky. Our momma went up in that many moons ago and she said it was really cool! xoxoxo