Last week, Mousebreath published 13 Ways to Help Feline Victims of Hurricane Sandy. Here are 13 MORE ways to contribute to relief efforts for affected cats.
1) Foster a Staten Island Cat.
2) Donate to the Staten Island Feral Cat Initiative’s SoS (Survivors of Sandy) fund.
3) Help reunite New Jersey cats and their owners:
4) Volunteer to distribute pet food in NYC.
5) Animal Haven in NY was without power for five days but are continuing phenomenal relief efforts. Donate here and check out their success stories via the Animal Haven Facebook Page.: http://www.petfinder.com/shelters/NY17.html
7) Donate to the Best Friends Hurricane Sandy Donation Drive. In NYC? Take donated items to One Potata Productions at 80 E. 11th St. (between 11th and Broadway), Suite 301A in Manhattan this Saturday (November 10th) between 10am and 4pm.
8) NYC: Donate to the Neighborhood Cats’ Feral Relief Fund.
9) Text ANIMALS to 20222 to donate $10 to Humane Society Disaster Relief Fund.
10) Text HUMANE to 80888 to donate $10 to American Humane’s Red Star Relief crew helping out in NY and NJ.
11) The IFAW (Intl Fund for Animal Welfare) needs donations to support teams on the ground in affected areas of the eastern seaboard.
12) Donate to the Humane Society of Atlantic County (New Jersey) fund to provide food to affected pets.
13) Buy a Teal Cat via The Teal Cat project to benefit Neighborhood Cats.
BONUS: This via Mousebreather Leah: Donate cat food through the Jersey City Recovery Amazon registry. Thanks, Leah!
Distribution through http://jcnjrecovery.org
About the Author (Author Profile)Mousebreath's team of repurrters give up their naps and treat time to deliver the finest feline lifestyle content (like this post) to you. If you'd like to contribute to Mousebreath, send a purrposal to editor ***at*** mousebreath ***dot***com
Sites That Link to this Post
- The Creative Cat - You Can Still Help Hurricane Sandy Survivors | November 12, 2012