Last week, Mousebreath published 13 Ways to Help Feline Victims of Hurricane Sandy. Here are 13 MORE ways to contribute to relief efforts for affected cats.
1) Foster a Staten Island Cat.
2) Donate to the Staten Island Feral Cat Initiative’s SoS (Survivors of Sandy) fund.
3) Help reunite New Jersey cats and their owners:
4) Volunteer to distribute pet food in NYC.
5) Animal Haven in NY was without power for five days but are continuing phenomenal relief efforts. Donate here and check out their success stories via the Animal Haven Facebook Page.: http://www.petfinder.com/shelters/NY17.html
7) Donate to the Best Friends Hurricane Sandy Donation Drive. In NYC? Take donated items to One Potata Productions at 80 E. 11th St. (between 11th and Broadway), Suite 301A in Manhattan this Saturday (November 10th) between 10am and 4pm.
8) NYC: Donate to the Neighborhood Cats’ Feral Relief Fund.
9) Text ANIMALS to 20222 to donate $10 to Humane Society Disaster Relief Fund.
10) Text HUMANE to 80888 to donate $10 to American Humane’s Red Star Relief crew helping out in NY and NJ.
11) The IFAW (Intl Fund for Animal Welfare) needs donations to support teams on the ground in affected areas of the eastern seaboard.
12) Donate to the Humane Society of Atlantic County (New Jersey) fund to provide food to affected pets.
13) Buy a Teal Cat via The Teal Cat project to benefit Neighborhood Cats.
BONUS: This via Mousebreather Leah: Donate cat food through the Jersey City Recovery Amazon registry. Thanks, Leah!
Distribution through http://jcnjrecovery.org
You might also like:
About the Author (Author Profile)Karen Nichols is a Pet Industry Influencer, Publisher and Multimedia Designer in the San Francisco Bay Area. She has over 15 years of experience in the Internet Industry as a User Experience Analyst and Interaction Design Consultant. She's blogged professionally for nine years, and is a respected expert in social media, web analytics, online branding and Wordpress design and development. She's a popular speaker at pet industry conferences. In 2013, she won the BlogPaws social media awards for Best Cat Blog and Best video. In 2012, Karen won the Best Blog Design award for SkeezixTheCat.com. She was one of seven finalists in the national Purina Cat Chow Correspondent search in 2010. She has been a spokesperson for Friskies and judge of the 2012 "The Friskies" video contest, and a juror for the Internet Cat Video Festival. Karen is a member of the Cat Writer's Association, Women in the Pet Industry, the IAABC, The Interactive Design Association and the North Bay Multimedia Association.
Sites That Link to this Post
- The Creative Cat - You Can Still Help Hurricane Sandy Survivors | November 12, 2012