I was one of the judges for the first ever “The Friskies” Video Awards. It was SUCH a fun event. In true Friskies style, it was first class all the way.
Not only did I get to spend some QT with Sparkle’s mom, Janiss, it was there that I got to meet Will Braden, the creator of Henri the Ennui Cat series of videos. Will is a great guy — he has film school credentials from the Seattle Film Institute, but ironically, it was Henri’s short cat video that catapulted him into the limelight, secured a book deal, and garnered a bunch of awards.
Will’s involved in the selection process for “The Friskies” Video Awards this year. If you win, you may get a chance to weasel a video success secret or two out of him.
Yes, Friskies® has kicked off the third annual “The Friskies” Video Awards – coveted awards for the best Internet cat videos of the year.
Announced at VidCon on Friday, Friskies’ “official spokescat” Grumpy Cat and other YouTube luminaries released the details of this year’s contest.
- Entry Deadline: July 21 12:00 p.m. ET
- CATegories: Funny, Strange, Cute, Epic
- Video Length: 1 minute or less
- Where to Enter: www.TheFriskies.com, Vine or Instagram. If submitting a cat video on Instagram or Vine, use the hashtag #TheFriskies and the category hashtag that the video falls under – #Funny, #Rescute, #Strange or #Epic – to make sure the video is properly submitted.
- Finalists Announced: August 11th
- Prizes: Each finalist wins $209.86 (approx value) in Friskies noms, including treats. Category winners score $5000. Grand prize winner gets $20,000. Finalists (and a guest) get an expense paid trip to the awards event. But best of all, winners get the pawsome Friskies statuette which is as heavy as solid gold. The. most. awesome. trophy. EVER! Trip and Skeezix bask in its pawsomeness here:
- July 21st: Entry deadline. After July 21st, the field will be winnowed down to 12 finalists, three in each of the four categories.
- August 11th: Finalists will be announced.
- August 11th to September 8th: Voting Phase. You can help raise money and food for shelter organizations with your votes (one vote a day). For every vote, one can of Friskies canned good will be donated to 10 select shelter partners (up to 250,000 cans). (An additional $20,000 will be donated to partnering shelters.)
- September 17th: Gala Awards Ceremony in southern California.
Visit https://mousebreath.com/are-we-dating/ to learn more and join the conversation online using the hashtag #TheFriskies.
Don’t forget to read the good headline for a dating site.